A MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE
Memorial Day stirs up a broad spectrum of pride, emotion and individual memories for Americans.
Just picture an early morning parade filled with kids, bands and fire trucks bringing a community together at their local cemetery. There, citizens unite to hear recollections of the selfless sacrifice given to maintain the freedoms we enjoy today. We hear the 21-gun salute and see shiny red paper poppies twisted around buttons as we look through the crowds of people listening with tears and respect. Visions of warm, sunny Memorial Day afternoons with red, white, and blue flags flying proudly, burgers grilling, kites soaring, and kids of all ages floating on inner tubes marking the beginning of summer in America. There is no better feeling, is there??
Most importantly though, memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who served and died for our nation.
At Red Thread Financial, we looked into our own families and discovered how our relatives directly contributed to this nation’s dream of freedom and opportunity. Here is what we found!
- A husband with 26 years of ongoing service in the Air Force.
- A father whose Army service took him to Germany and later to Desert Storm with the National Guard.
- Two grandfathers who proudly served in the US Armed Forces.
- A grandfather who served in the Navy during the Korean War.
- A father who served in Army Intelligence from 1958-60.
- A grandfather who served in World War II alongside three of his brothers.
- A father who served in World War II, a brother in Vietnam, and husband in the National Guard.
- A great-uncle who served in World War II and liberated prisoners held in a Nazi Concentration Camp.
As we talked to our families, we all learned a little more about our country’s history. Each of us felt a depth of personal gratitude to the veterans within our own families as well as a renewed sense of patriotism.
Today, Red Thread Financial would like to recognize and say THANK YOU to the men and women, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters who are committed to the service and protection of our United States of America.
We trust you. We believe in you. We respect you. And, we THANK YOU!
Any VETERAN approved for financing during the month of JUNE receives $100.00 off of Documentation Fees.
Our offices will be CLOSED on Monday, May 28th, in honor of the Memorial Day holiday. May your holiday be safe and filled with the spirit of America!This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.